A few years ago,I shared a granola recipe that my mom makes often.
I really like it — but it makes a huge recipe, and it still has a lot of brown sugar and sugared coconut.
My daughter decided to look at different recipes and put together her own recipe. I really like it — she has made it twice, and I have eaten a lot of it with some yogurt and fruit for a healthy breakfast!
Here is one recipe for Healthy Granola!
- 3½ cups rolled oats or quick oats
- 1½ cups nuts chopped or slivered
- 1 cup coconut flakes (We used sweetened coconut flakes.)
- 1 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup chia or flax seeds
- ⅓ cup vegetable or canola oil
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix together all dry ingredients (1st 6 ingredients).
Mix together all wet ingredients (last 3 ingredients)
Evenly coat the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients.
Place a piece of parchment paper on top a baking sheet that has a lip.
Spread the granola on top of the parchment paper.
Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes, stirring every 6 minutes.
Let it cool. Store in a covered container.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.