Today is one of those lazy, tired days where it is gray outside and gloomy.
So I’m sharing an easy recipe that probably everybody knows, but I’m always surprised by how well some of the easiest posts are received.
This side dish is one my family often has in the summer time when we are able to pick our own green beans, zucchini, and yellow squash. It is one of my grandma’s favorite vegetable dishes. The other week, I had to take a side dish in for a church meal of lasagna. I didn’t want to take salad, so I made this dish.
I had no yellow squash on hand, but the yellow color makes the dish more colorful. Here is how I made it:
- 1 pound of fresh green beans
- 1 pound of zucchini or a combination of yellow squash and zucchini
- 1/2 pound - 1 pound of bacon
Cook bacon. ( I put my oven on 350 degrees, separated the bacon and laid flat on cookie sheets with a lip, and baked until done.) When it is done, drain grease (reserve 1-2 Tablespoons for zucchini and beans), and crumble.
While the bacon baked, I cooked the beans. Cut off the ends, snap beans into 1" pieces, cook in a small amount of water until done.
Wash zucchini and cut off the ends of the zucchini. Then slice zucchini into 1/4" slices. Pour 1-2 tablespoons of bacon grease and add to a skillet. Fry the zucchini until it is done.
Combine crumbled bacon, green beans, and zucchini. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Danielle from Creatively Homespun is joining Ashley from Forgetful Momma to be our co-hosts for April! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.