When my Grandma passed away last year over a year ago, I brought back her recipe boxes to look through. My idea was to make up a recipe book for my family of some of her favorite recipes. It’s a year later, and I’ve just started to look through them!
One of her recipes that I tried this week is called Oven-Fried Chicken.
Look at how she typed up her recipe! She was the township clerk for years as well as being a farmer’s wife and was very organized!
It was very easy to make this recipe. There were five dry ingredients to mix together. Then I had to just roll the chicken legs in the evaporated milk and then in in the dry ingredient mixture. After I had done this step and placed the chicken in a 13″ x 9″ pan that I had already sprayed with cooking spray, I poured melted butter all over the chicken. It baked for at least one hour, and then we were ready to eat!
The dry ingredient mixture that you use to roll the chicken in includes cropped pecans. I did use the nuts as I wanted to try the recipe exactly the way it was written, and I liked it! However, if you don’t like or have allergies to nuts, it would be fine to leave the nuts out.
My grandma's recipe for Oven-Fried Chicken.
- chicken pieces
- 1/2 c. evaporated milk
- 1/2 c. melted butter (to pour over chicken before baking)
- 1 c. biscuit mix
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 1/2 tsp. poultry seasoning
- 1/2 c. pecans, chopped
Dip chicken in evaporated milk.
Roll in biscuit mixture.
Place in shallow pan.
Pour melted butter over all chicken and bake at 350° for 1 hour or until done.
Don’t you just love her old Ragu recipe box?
Make sure you come back next week for a fun giveaway!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.