I shared with you on a previous post that when my grandma passed away, I took her recipes home with me so that I could start making them and also saving them for my sisters and our children. At the same time, I also brought home an old composition book that included my great-grandma’s recipes. She was my grandma’s mom. I never knew her, but I am so glad I have this part of her life with me. We all know the kitchen is the heart of the home, and I am thankful that I have their favorite recipes.
I heard that my great-grandma was one classy lady. I can tell that she was just by her handwriting. Isn’t it beautiful?
This Oatmeal Muffin recipe is very easy to prepare. My children loved them while they were still warm.
The batter was runny, but the muffins turned out fine. I love how the older generation knew how to bake and assumed everyone else could too. They didn’t have to add 10 directions. She included the ingredients, how long to bake them, and the recipe was done!
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tbsp. canola or vegetable oil
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick cooking oatmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
Mix all of the ingredients together.
Bake 20-25 minutes at 400 degrees.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.