These lemon squares were made by my Great-Grandma, my grandma, my mom, and now me!
They may have been made by generations before that, but I will never know. I like to make them when I am making a variety of bars or desserts as not everyone is a chocolate lover like I am. They are also very simple to make and an inexpensive dessert. I feel like they are perfect especially for summer and spring parties.
Here’s how you make Lemon Squares:
- First, mix together the first 4 ingredients
- Press the ingredients into a 9″ x 13″ pan.
- Bake that layer for 20 minutes while you prepare the next layer. It only has 3 ingredients, and only takes a couple minutes to prepare.
- Pour the lemon mixture over the first layer. Bake for 25 minutes, remove, and cool.
- After it is cooled, sift some powdered sugar on top of the bars, and then cut into squares.
You can print out the recipe here:
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/8 cup powdered sugar
- pinch of salt
- 3 eggs
- 5 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
Mix together first four ingredients and press into 9" x 13" pan. (I did not grease my pan, but I did use a non-stick pan.)
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove and pour on the mixture made of the last 3 ingredients (eggs, lemon juice, and granulated sugar.)
Bake 25 more minutes at 350 degrees.
Remove and cool.
Sift powdered sugar on top.
Cut into squares.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at [email protected] You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.