I’ve been trying out different recipes that are in my Grandma’s recipe boxes. One week, I had made left over meat from a roast, so I decided to use that meat instead of beef sirloin (or round steak) in this Beef Stroganoff recipe.
Now to be fair, it looks like it is really my Aunt Connie’s recipe as my grandma wrote “Connie” in the top corner. I’ll have to ask her if she is the one who gave my grandma this recipe.
It had a different flavor than I am used to in stroganoff, but my husband and I liked it. Our kids were not too enthusiastic about it. They like the white creamy sauce better.
Since my meat was already cooked, I just cut it in cubes. I cooked the onion and garlic and then added the meat. I then finished the recipe like it says except for adding mushrooms. I hate mushrooms. I then served it over rice instead of noodles which is what the recipe says I should have used.
- 1 lb. beef sirloin
- canola or olive oil
- 1 medium onion sliced
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup 10 1/2 ounces
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 can undrained mushrooms 3 ounces
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces noodles or rice
Cut sirloin into 1/4" pieces, and then brown the pieces in oil.
Add onion and garlic to the meat and cook until tender.
Add cream of mushroom soup, sour cream, mushrooms, ketchup, and Worcestershire sauce. Heat until warm.
Serve over noodles or rice.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.