We are egg-lovers in our house.
In fact, one of my husband’s favorite phrases is, “I love eggs!” It’s his answer to the question of what is his favorite food, and it is also his corny answer to other questions from the kids that have nothing to do with eggs at all.
When Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs contacted me and asked if I would try out their eggs, I jumped at the chance! I loved how they want to share the healthiest eggs with their consumers, and I also loved how it is smaller farmers that are providing the eggs to our local grocery stores. Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs adhere to the USDA Organic standards, which means the following:
- Their hens are never caged, and all of their barns allow them access to the outdoors.
- They never administer antibiotics or hormones to our hens.
- Their hens’ 100% organic feed contains no pesticides, herbicides, fungicides, or GMOs.
- It’s also free of animal by-products (and the drug residues/pathogens that may be associated with them). No slaughterhouse waste allowed!
- Their farms are inspected at least once a year by a third-party certifier with USDA accreditation.
Not only did Pete and Gerry’s give me coupons to get two dozen free eggs, but they gave me a gift card to go buy some more ingredients for a favorite egg dish. We have loved the following recipe since before we even had kids. I made three of these omelets for my family, although we could have probably made due with just two of them. The eggs were so delicious in the omelet, that we splurged!
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms optional
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine divided
- 1/4 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1 Tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Pepper to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 Tablespoons butter or margarine
In a large saucepan, sauté mushrooms in 1 T. butter. Remove mushrooms and keep warm. In the same pan, cook sausage until no longer pink; drain. Add remaining butter. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually add milk, salt, and pepper. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream and mushrooms; set aside and keep warm.
In a bowl, beat eggs, milk, salt. and pepper. In a skillet, melt butter. Pour egg mixture into skillet. As eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. Cook until eggs are completely set. Transfer to a serving plate. Spoon sausage mixture over one side of the omelet; fold in half. Yield: 2 servings.
One of my readers will be able to receive two coupons to go pick up their own 2 dozen of Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs. You can go HERE to see if Pete and Gerry’s Organic Eggs are sold in your area. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize.
If you would like to learn more about Pete and Gerry and their families (and how their families have been farming for four generations, go HERE!
**Starting in January, we will need 1-2 new hosts for this party. Please email me if you are interested.
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where I give the scripts and assign the numbers you would pin. My email is [email protected] Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.