This past Saturday, my second daughter had a friend over to play. Which means that I needed to think about what I would feed all the kids for lunch.
We were able to get Krispy Kreme doughnuts in the morning as it was “Talk Like a Pirate Day”, but the kids still had to eat lunch. Now that I am working full-time, I definitely am not making any gourmet meals, and I had not really thought about what I should do for lunch. Plus, I had not gone shopping for a week. I also knew that this friend really did not care for cheese, so boxed mac n cheese was out of the question.
I decided to go with an easy pasta a la carte lunch for the kids.
I cooked up some pasta (I used medium shells pasta), warmed up some pasta sauce, and made a cheese sauce. The kids then had the option of topping their pasta with pasta sauce, a cheese sauce, or butter and parmesan and salt. (Or a combination of the different toppings!)
The kids loved it! The non-cheese lover went for the pasta sauce, my kids went for the cheese sauce, and I did a combination of the cheese and pasta sauces. My oldest daughter even asked if I could make it for dinner tonight. It was super easy to make, and easy to clean up. WIN! WIN! WIN!
If you want a low-cost, easy meal that the kids will love, try it out!
Ingredients needed for a kid-friendly Pasta a la Carte meal:
- Spaghetti sauce
- Cheese sauce (I melt Velveeta [Aldi’s version] and milk together. Stir while heating or cheese will burn. When the cheese cools, the cheese will thicken up. If heated, it will thin out again.)
- Parmesan cheese, salt, butter
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey at That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for September.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Non-food posts can always be linked up to the Bloggers Brags Pinterest Party! Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.