Many of you know I was rear-ended back in January which caused a torn tendon in my shoulder, which ended up with me having a rotator cuff surgery five weeks ago.
Therefore, the need to be able to make meals with one hand.
I am so thankful that I had about 3 weeks of meals given to me by my wonderful church. But even that fourth week, I couldn’t do that much with my left arm still. This week I am able to finally not wear my sling all the time, which frees me up to be able to do more.
Here are some of the meals I made with one hand:
- Rice Pilaf with Chicken — My kids loved this meal. I had a couple of boxes of Rice Pilaf from Aldi, but Rice A Roni has a rice mix that is similar. I already had some cooked, cubed chicken in my freezer. I added it to the rice, and my main meal was done!
- I also made this Ham Noodle Casserole. I again had some diced ham in the freezer, and I had one of my daughters dice up the cheese. Even if you have no help, it would probably be a meal you can do with one hand if you had some ham prepped ahead of time like I did.
- This Easy Rice, Tuna Fish, and Egg Dish is so easy!! Hard boil some eggs, cook up some rice, and open a couple of tuna — in oil — and you have yourself a main dish!
- This Easy 5-Ingredient Crockpot Meatloaf Recipe can also be done with one hand!
- Our family loves Mostaccioli Alfredo. We actually haven’t made it since my surgery, but I had bought canned chicken and the ingredients so that we could make it. As long as there is prepped chicken, the rest of the meal can be done with one hand.
With the help of my older girls, all the meals from our church, and the meals I had in my freezer, we certainly have not gone hungry. However, it was nice to know that I could still cook a few meals with one hand!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.