I was given a copy of this book for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation.
I’m sure you all know someone who is diabetic — and most of you probably have someone very dear to you affected by diabetes.
For my family, my mother-in-law is diabetic. After having it for 25 years, she has had problems with her sugar crashing in the past few years. That is very scary!
My sister was just diagnosed with diabetes and is insulin resistant, so she is on different medicines to control it.
When you see firsthand how it changes your loved ones lives — plus the expense associated with diabetic medicines if you do not have good insurance– it makes you more determined to avoid diabetes if you can.
Sometimes avoiding diabetes is not possible. However, some people who have Type 2 diabetes (It sometimes used to be called “Adult Onset Diabetes.”), can go off many if not all of their medicines when they change their lifestyle habits. Eating healthier, exercising, and as a result, losing weight all aid a person in his quest for a healthier life, but it also may help diabetics live a healthy and long life.
Whether or not diabetics are able to ever reduce their medicines, the one thing they all should try to do is have good eating habits. Sometimes that is easier said than done. I know that for my mother-in-law, giving up eating white rice was hard. She is Asian and has eaten white rice all her life. Sometimes, a person needs a little bit of help.
That’s where the book, The Clean & Simple Diabetes Cookbook: Flavorful, Fuss-Free Recipes for Everyday Meal Planning, comes into play.
Written by Jackie Newgent who is a registered dietitian nutritionist, this book gives information on how to manage diabetes. It gives hope to all those who are diabetic or prediabetic that they can eat well and it isn’t hard to do.
“The good news is that diabetes is fully manageable with proper treatment and lifestyle changes, which include following a healthful eating plan.”
This book gives you that healthy eating plan. There are over 100 recipes, and 50 of those recipes are main dishes.
If you are a pro at eating healthy, get this cookbook for some more recipe inspiration. If you don’t know what to do, get this cookbook, because it gives practical instruction on how to start. It’s written in everyday English, and the healthy ideas are simple to implement. There are also many easy recipes that require 15 minutes or less of prep time, and provide detailed, easy-to-understand instructions.
Here are some pictures of the pages.
Next week, I am planning to share a giveaway of this cookbook as well as a recipe from it!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.