My second daughter likes to bake, and often she loves to bake breakfast foods on Saturday morning. She does quite well, but I still feel like I should oversee a recipe that is from scratch. A few weeks ago, she wanted to bake, and I did not have the time to help her, and we also did not have a coffee cake mix. But we did have a yellow cake recipe. So I googled to find a coffee cake recipe that had a yellow cake mix in the recipe. The recipe I found was from this blogger who found her recipe on allrecipes.com. We made ours in a Bundt pan instead of a rectangle cake pan, and it urned out beautifully. I let it cook a few more minutes as it wasn’t quite done the first time I poked it with a toothpick. We loved the taste, it makes a big recipe, and it was so pretty!
- 1 18.25 ounce yellow cake mix
- 2 3.4 ounce package instant vanilla pudding
- 4 eggs
- 1 C water
- 1 C canola oil
- 1 C packed brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 C powdered sugar
- 2 Tbsp milk or cream
- ½ tsp vanilla
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Grease a 9 x 13 pan or a 10 inch Bundt cake pan.
In a bowl mix together the cake mix and pudding mix.
Add eggs, oil and water, mix until blended.
In another bowl, combine brown sugar and cinnamon.
Pour half of the batter into prepared pan, spread evenly.
Sprinkle with half of cinnamon sugar mixture.
Cover with the rest of the batter.
Sprinkle with remaining sugar mixture.
Bake for 20 minutes at 350 and then reduce heat to 325 and bake for another 35-40 minutes. Cool for 10-15 minutes before glazing.
Mix together sugar, milk and vanilla. Drizzle over coffee cake while it is warm.
If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at [email protected] You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.