This Chocolate Zucchini Cake is amazing! Rich, chocolatey goodness abounds in this easy-to-make cake.
It also includes 2 cups of zucchini, so you can pride yourself on having a vegetable when you eat this cake. Once the cake bakes, you would never know there is any zucchini in it!
I used to make this cake in the summer as I would grow zucchini my garden. Since moving to Florida with our sand soil and our hot weather, I haven’t grown my garden, so I haven’t made this cake. It’s a great cake though especially paired with a soft chocolate frosting or a cream cheese frosting.
Rich moist chocolate cake that includes shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 or 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. nutmeg optional
- 4 tbsp. cocoa
- 2 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 cups grated zucchini
- 6 oz. chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sour milk
Cream together first 3 ingredients (shortening, sugar and eggs).
Add all other ingredients, alternately with the last ingredient, the sour milk.
Bake at 325° for 45 minutes or until done.
If you do not have sour milk on hand, you can add 1/2 -1 tsp of lemon juice or vinegar to 1/2 cup of milk. Let it sit for a couple of minutes before adding it to the recipe.
Next week, I’ll share the recipe for the Soft Chocolate Frosting I used with this cake. You can go HERE to get the recipe for the Cream Cheese Frosting.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.