This party has been doing great!! Thank you so much! Please make sure you only link up food posts.
How many of you have kids that are absolutely STARVING when they get home from school? Better yet, how many of you don’t? Definitely not me!
Once a week, I like to make my kids a special little sweet treat to surprise them with when they come home from school.
Completely unhealthy…but I’m ok with that because our school district happens to be one of the lucky ones that really pushes the kids to eat fresh fruits, raw and cooked vegetables, and whole wheat breads.
This week’s treat are these amazingly delicious Chocolate Topped Toffee Bars.
This recipe was originally from Life with Garnish, but her blog is no longer available.
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup finely chopped peanuts optional
Cream butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in egg yolk and vanilla.
Add flour, mixing well. (This is very sticky dough).
Spread dough in a greased 9x13-inch baking pan. Bake in a 350° pre-heated oven for 18 to 20 minutes.
Remove from oven and immediately sprinkle with the chocolate chips.
Wait about five minutes then spread the chocolate over the top evenly.
Sprinkle with nuts. Cut into squares when cool.
Adrian is a former Finance Manager with a Non-Profit Organization turned SAHM.
You can also follow her @ Bloglovin’.
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Audrey at That Recipe, and Ashley from Forgetful Momma are our co-hosts for September.
Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.