My sister and I make the meal for our mom and dad every year on Mother’s Day and Father’s Day. On Father’s Day, my dad almost always asks for his favorite dessert of chocolate mayonnaise cake with peanut butter frosting for dessert. I have eaten this cake every year ever since I was a little girl! It is relatively easy to make and pretty fail-proof. The frosting is rather sweet, which is just fine with me! Try it and see if you like it!
Recipe for Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Baking Time Required: 35 min. Preheat oven @ 350°
Ingredients and Directions:
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 4 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup of salad dressing (like Miracle Whip)–This makes the cake moist, but you don’t taste the salad dressing once it is baked.
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
Grease and flour a 13″ x 9″ cake pan–I actually used cocoa instead of flour since it was a chocolate cake.
Beat all ingredients together. Pour into prepared cake pan.
Bake at 350° for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.
We like to frost this cake with Peanut Butter Frosting.
Recipe for Peanut Butter Frosting
Ingredients and Directions:
- 3-3 1/2 cups of powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/4 cup of milk (I probably used closer to 1/3 c. cup–but I also used 3 1/2 c. powdered sugar)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Beat all ingredients together with a mixer until smooth. If too stiff, add more milk. Only add a tiny bit of milk at a time until you get your desired consistency.
If you have ever considered hosting a party — and you post regularly about food, then we need your help! This is what is required to be a host of Tasty Tuesday parties:
You are committing to posting every Tuesday at 8 am EST a recipe post (either a recipe, a round-up of recipes, or features from the previous party) and pinning 25 recipes that are linked up to this party to our Tasty Tuesday’s board. You would be part of our Facebook group where you would receive the scripts and be assigned the numbers you would pin. Tammy’s email is [email protected] Thank you!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.