My two oldest girls went away to camp for a week last Monday.
The night before they went away, we were given a quart of blueberries that were just picked that weekend. My oldest daughter loves blueberries, so I told her that I would make her blueberry muffins for breakfast before she took off on the bus trip. My second daughter asked if I could make her chocolate chip muffins, so I also made her our favorite recipe for chocolate chip muffins.
They are very easy to make, and the sour cream makes them moist! Of course, the chocolate puts it over the top!
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup 8 ounces sour cream
- 5 Tablespoons butter or margarine melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup mint or semisweet chocolate chips mini or regular chocolate chips
In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
In another bowl, combine the egg, sour cream, butter, and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in chocolate chips.
Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
Bake at 350° for 18-20 minutes or until muffins test done.
Cool for 10 minutes; remove from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
Danielle from Creatively Homespun, Maria at Maria Magdalena Living Ideas, and Audrey at That Recipe will be our co-hosts for July. Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.