These Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are a favorite in our household for so many reasons:
- scrumptious taste
- easy to make
- chocolaty goodness
- leftovers double for easy breakfasts
- freezable for future meals
As you may be able to tell from the pictures, I posted this recipe over four years ago! Back then, I didn’t know I should make pictures smaller before uploading them to my site, so now I am going back and resizing pictures as well as making many pictures into collages.
This is a recipe that my mom discovered. It really is supposed to be called Banana Split Muffins as chocolate chips and walnuts (optional) are sprinkled on top before baking; and when the muffins are taken out of the oven, a cherry is supposed to be put on top. They are really pretty when you make it this way. Since my family doesn’t like nuts in bread, and we definitely don’t want a cherry on top of our bread, I decided to just call them Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. Here is the original recipe, with my few changes in parenthesis.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 egg
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip or generic salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 ripe bananas smashed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- chopped nuts I do not use.
- miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips I sometimes use regular sized chocolate chips.
- maraschino cherries I do not use.
Mix flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl. Beat egg in small bowl; stir in dressing. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened. Stir in bananas.
Spoon mixture into greased or paper-lined muffin pan, filling each cup until it is almost full. Sprinkle with chips and nuts.
Bake in preheated oven at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven. Press 1 cherry into each muffin.
Makes at least 15 regular size muffins. I usually make 12 muffins and 6-9 mini-muffins.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.