Last week, I shared a recipe for String Cheese Meatloaf (click here for that recipe), and I shared how I made these Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes as a side dish to go along with the meatloaf.
This is seriously one of the easiest recipes to make — it just takes some time to bake the potatoes.
Another nice feature of this recipe is that it is adaptable for any size of dinner party. You have only 3 or 4 people eating dinner? Use less potatoes. You have 10 people eating? Use more potatoes, a bigger dish, and possibly a longer baking time.
And the last reason I like this recipe is that it has only 5 ingredients: potatoes, Velveeta type cheese, butter, onion, and milk. That’s it!
Here’s how you make these easy Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes:
- Slice up the amount of potatoes you want to use. I put them through my Kitchenaid slicer attachment after I peel them.
- Put a layer of potatoes on the bottom or an casserole dish.
- On top of the potato layer, add a few slices of butter and some diced onion.
- Top with a layer of sliced Velveeta cheese.
- Do one more layer of potatoes, butter slices, diced onion, and Velveeta slices.
- Pour some milk over the potatoes. I usually do enough milk where it will just cover the bottom of the dish. You don’t want to drown the potatoes! I never measure, as I always do a different amount each time.
- Bake at 350° for about 1 hour. Test to see if done. (I start checking at about 45 minutes to see if done.)
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.