Last night, I made a comfort food casserole throwing together what I had on hand. I am calling it
Cheesy Chicken Pasta & Biscuit Bake.
You can make probably many variations of this meal or cut it in half for a smaller family. Here is how I made it:
- 2 big carrots
- 1 pound of pasta -- I used medium shells but rotini, penne, or macaroni noodles would also work.
- 2 1/2 cups of chicken I had some rotisserie chicken leftover!
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 can of milk
- 1/2 cup of sour cream
- Velveeta or Aldi equivalent cheese
- 2 cans buttermilk biscuits small biscuits, 7.5 oz cans
Preheat oven to 375°.
Slice up carrots and cook until desired tenderness.
While carrots are cooking, cook pasta.
Drain pasta and carrots when both are done cooking.
Combine pasta, carrots, can of chicken soup, 1 can of milk (after you take the soup out, use that same can and fill it up with milk), and sour cream.
Place half of the pasta mixture in 9" x 13" dish. (Spray dish with a cooking spray first.)
Place thin slices of Velveeta on top of the pasta.
Bake for 10 minutes at 375°.
Remove from oven, stir casserole to get cheese throughout.
Place biscuits on top of the casserole.
Bake casserole until biscuits are lightly brown on top. (At least 10 minutes. A couple of the biscuits in the middle had a hard time baking. It may help to turn them over half way through.)
My kids absolutely loved it–even the ones who thought they would hate it because it had carrots. They said the carrots were yummy and ate them all up.
What is your favorite comfort food?
Danielle from Creatively Homespun is joining Ashley from Forgetful Momma to be our co-hosts for April! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.