We are not Cheerios lovers in our family.
But we were given a couple of boxes of Cheerios, and I did not want them to go to waste, so I thought, “Why not make them into bars like we do with Rice Krispies or Frosted Flakes?
Some of our favorite easy dessert recipes include cereal such as:
- Tony Tiger’s Bites
- No-Bake Corn Flakes Holly Cookies
- Honey Maid S’mores Bar Recipe
- Rice Krispie Treats
- No-Bake Cornflake Cookies
This Cheerios Peanut Butter Bar Recipes is very similar to the Scotcheroos recipe — just without the chocolate and butterscotch topping.
My husband, who will eat sweets but says he doesn’t love them, said that it was the right sweetness. Now our bars had plain Cheerios which probably helped keep the sweetness down. He did think we could put in more peanuts. We only put in almost 3/4 cup as I knew that some of my kids don’t love peanuts; but you could easily put in 1 cup of peanuts.
What I love about these no-bake cereal bars is how few ingredients you need and how fast you can make the bars. My 2 middle daughters made the bars, took the pictures, and made the video while I sat and worked with my two youngest on homework. Then we got a snack to eat while we worked. It was great!
Here are the ingredients you will need to make these bars:
- light corn syrup
- peanut butter
Easy-to-make bars with cheerios, peanut butter, and just a few other ingredients
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- 1 cup peanuts
- 6 cups cheeriois
Mix the cheerios and peanuts in a large bowl.
Bring the sugar and corn syrup to a boil in a saucepan.
Remove from heat and add peanut butter and vanilla.
Pour the peanut butter mixture over the cheerios and peanuts mixture.
Stir carefully so that the cereal mixture is evenly coated with the peanut butter mixture.
Pour the mixture into a greased 13" x 9" pan.
Press it so that it s evenly distributed in the pan. Let it cool. Cut into bars.
We really enjoyed these bars — they were gone in 24 hours!
Here is the video my daughter made that quickly shows how you how easy it is to make these bars.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.