I received an awesome cookbook called Char-Broil Grilling for the Family: 300 Delicious Recipes to Satisfy Every Member of the Family for my honest review. No additional compensation was received.
I am not a grill person. Mainly because it’s hot and because I don’t know how to work a grill. Everyone says it’s easy, but I think there has to be a science to it, because I have had food that has not been grilled well. So when I had the opportunity to review this cookbook, I took it.
I have received grilling cookbooks before, and they were okay; but this cookbook has inspired me to try to grill.
What I like about this book, is that it tells me how to do it. It will say directions such as, “preheat grill to medium”; Place on grate and cover grill, cook for 10-16 minutes, turning occasionally, or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear”; “cook to at least 165° F internal temperature, about 3 to 5 minutes each side.” I need exact directions like these. I don’t want to guess at how long to cook and when to turn, because I don’t know!
But then I thought, what does, “preheat grill to medium” mean? My grill doesn’t have a medium setting. I don’t know, maybe some deluxe grill does, but mine definitely doesn’t. So how do I know what medium is? Well, guess what? This book tells me! It has a standard terminology and temperature guideline chart. Medium is approximately 350°-450° degrees which they say if you put your hand about 5 inches above the grate, you will pull your hand away within approximately 5 to 7 seconds. Interesting! To take the guess work out of it, I think I’m going to get this thermometer for only $7.
It tells how to cook meat by grilling it or direct-heat cooking and also how to do indirect heat cooking or barbecuing or slow roasting it. There is also a chart for what the internal temperature should reach for different meats to be sure the meat is cooked. For a novice griller, I need this book.
Then I loved the section that talked about marinades, rubs and other items to put on your meats. I thought the pages that showed how kids and teens can help prepare food for the grill was great. It is so much more than just a recipe book.
So maybe you know all this stuff. Well then, you are an experienced grill person, and you will want this book for the 300 amazing recipes. As I looked over the recipes, I kept thinking, “I want to try that recipe. I want to try that one too!”
Look at all the different chapters of recipes that are included!
This book has made me want to start grilling. I’m thankful that Fox Chapel Publishing reached out to me and sent me this book to review.
You can win a copy of this cookbook! Just enter the giveaway below.
**Winner must be resident of the United States. They will be contacted by email, and they will have 48 hours to respond to the email before a new winner is chosen. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.