This is my Grandma’s recipe for Carrot Cake that I published 4 years ago, and it was a mess. So today, I’m publishing it again! I use box mixes all the time – but not for Carrot Cake or for Spice Cake. I usually make this cake in a 9″ x 13″ pan, but for a change, I made it in a Bundt pan.
My Grandma’s Recipe for Carrot Cake
Then I frosted it with the cream cheese frosting recipe that my family has used for years. I used the rich frosting, as I wanted it to be really yummy, but the not-so-rich frosting is very good as well! Here is the recipe for the frosting:
Recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2-3 Tablespoons margarine (softened)–I used butter.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
I beat the cream cheese together with the vanilla, added the powdered sugar, and then added 2 tablespoons butter and continued to add more butter until I got to the consistency desired. I used my hand mixer.
Frosting (not as rich):
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Again, I would start with only 2 tablespoons butter and continue to add more butter until you get to the desired consistency.
Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.