I rarely make Carrot Cake as my kids don’t care for it. However, I decided to make it for our Bereans group at our church. They are the senior citizens who come out for a Bible study and meal once a week. They love carrot cake. Can you believe that I took pictures of everything but the finished product? So I will include pictures of how the 9 x 13 version of this cake looks before frosting it. Below are also pictures of when I took it and put the cake mix in a Bundt pan a couple of years ago.
This recipe is a from-scratch recipe that was a a favorite of my grandma.
My Grandma’s Recipe for Carrot Cake
Then I frosted it with the cream cheese frosting recipe that my family has used for years. I used the rich frosting, as I wanted it to be really yummy, but the not-so-rich frosting is very good as well! Here is the recipe for the frosting:
Recipe for Cream Cheese Frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 2-3 Tablespoons margarine (softened)–I used butter.
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-3 cups powdered sugar
I beat the cream cheese together with the vanilla, added the powdered sugar, and then added 2 tablespoons butter and continued to add more butter until I got to the consistency desired. I used my hand mixer.
Frosting (not as rich):
- 3 ounces cream cheese (softened)
- 1/4 cup butter (softened)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups powdered sugar
Again, I would start with only 2 tablespoons butter and continue to add more butter until you get to the desired consistency.
Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.