Today we have a wonderful summer side dish recipe that is a guest post from Megan who blogs at Sensitive Mommy.
You can check out yesterday’s post from Gypsy Road HERE.
Carrot and Zucchini BBQ Salad
Need a fun fresh twist to shake up your summer dinners? Try Carrot and Zucchini BBQ Salad. It is cool, zesty and best of all … you don’t have to heat up the house with my no-cook recipe.
Carrot and Zucchini Barbecue Salad
- 3 cups of pre-shredded carrots
- 2 zucchini
- Dash sea salt
Ingredients for Dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons of barbecue sauce - we use Sweet Baby Rays because they are gluten free
- 2 Tablespoons of rice wine vinegar
Julienne or spiral slice your zucchini and place in a strainer. Add a few dashes of sea salt to the zucchini and toss to coat. Allow to sit in the sink for about 20 minutes. This will help some of the excess water drain out from the zucchini. After salting the zucchini, wrap it in a few paper towels and squeeze gently to remove any remaining moisture.
As your waiting on your zucchini mix all the ingredients for your dressing in a medium bowl with a whisk or fork.
Mix zucchini and pre-shredded carrots in a large bowl.
Drizzle dressing over veggies, tossing to combine. Add as much or as little dressing as you'd like.
Serve and enjoy! Store for no more than 6 hours in refrigerator or the zucchini will become soggy.
Optional: Add craisins, raisins, or yellow raisins for a sweet kick to this zesty summer side. Add unsalted, roasted cashews, peanuts or pistachios for a protien packed crunch.
Time: 20-25 minutes Servings: 4-6
This recipe is gluten free, soy free, dairy free, and top 8 allergy free, except egg. If egg-allergic use veganaise.
Enjoy this cool and zest Carrot and Zucchini BBQ Salad this summer with your family and friends.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.