I make these Caramel Butter-Pecan Bars every Christmas, and they are my personal favorite dessert of all the desserts that I make.
I found the recipe years ago in a Taste of Home’s Simple & Delicious magazine. This year, I was looking through all my magazines like I do every year to find this recipe; and in those 15 minutes of searching, I determined that I was going to put this recipe here on Creative K Kids so that I would never have to search again.
This recipe is so easy, yet so delicious. The bottom layer is a type of a shortbread, a rather plain layer that is the perfect compliment to the rich pecans, caramel, and chocolate that top it. I will make up one pan of these bars, let them cool, cut them into small rectangles, and then freeze them. They stay good in the freezer for a couple of months!
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter
- 1 1/2 chopped pecans
- 1 jar 12 ounces caramel ice cream topping, warmed
- 1 package 11 1/2 ounces milk chocolate chips
In a bowl, combine flour and brown sugar; cut in butter until crumbly.
Press into an ungreased 13" x 9" x 2" baking dish.
Top with pecans. Drizzle caramel topping evenly over pecans.
Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until caramel is bubbly.
Sprinkle with chocolate chips. Let stand for 5 minutes. I will sometimes cover the pan with a bigger cookie sheet to keep the heat from escaping so that the chocolate chips will melt.
Carefully spread chips over caramel layer.
Cool at room temperature for at least 6 hours or until chocolate is set.
Cut into bars.
Creative K Kids’ Tasty Tuesdays now has 6 permanent hosts!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you would like to be a co-host for this party, please email Tammy at [email protected] You would post this party every Tuesday at 7 am Central Time and include an original recipe, a round-up of recipes, or your favorite features from this party along with the link-up. We also may need your help pinning up to 25 recipes to our party board every week.