Butterscotch Oatmeal Cookies (or Oatmeal Scotchies) has always been one of my favorite cookie recipes.
Our family is obviously loves the butterscotch flavor as you can tell from our Scotcheroos and Friendship Cookies recipes. For a long time, I would try to make these cookies from a recipe that had been given me, and they would turn out as flat as pancakes. My sister would tell me that her recipe would turn our wonderfully. So she gave me the right recipe, which I believe was on the back of Nestle’s butterscotch chips bag. I always get my butterscotch chips from Aldi, so I need to have the recipe written down.
These are drop cookies, so they are very easy to make. Mix together all the ingredients and drop by teaspoonfuls on a cookie sheet. Bake and eat! They also freeze nicely.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 bag butterscotch morsels 10-12 ounces
Cream together butter and sugars.
Add eggs and vanilla, blend.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Blend.
Add quick oats and blend.
Stir in butterscotch morsels.
Drop by large teaspoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.
Bake at 375° for 7-8 minutes for chewy cookies, 9-10 minutes for crispy cookies (or until cookies are lightly brown and set in the middle)
Cate from Random Crafty Georgia Girl and Maria from Maria Magdalena Living Ideas is joining Danielle from Creatively Homespun and Ashley from Forgetful Momma to be our co-hosts for June! Tammy from Creative K Kids is the host. Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.