Last week, I shared the Green Bean Fries that I tried out from the cookbook Vegan Beans from Around the World. The other recipe that we tried is a Bean Burrito recipe. I love bean burritos, but usually the burritos I have eaten have a lot of refried beans. These burritos are made up of whole black beans. My husband and I really enjoyed them, and my husband thought they were filing.
Another plus is that these burritos are rather easy to prepare and very good for you!
- 2 10 inch soft flour or corn tortillas (I used flour)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 yellow onion chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced jalapeno peppers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Warm tortillas (in microwave or oven)
In a large pan, heat the oil. Saute the onion, jalapeno, salt, and bell pepper, stirring occasionally until the onion and pepper are softened.
Add garlic and cumin; stir for 1 more minute.
Add beans and cook until it is heated through.
If you would like to link up to 3 of your old or new recipes, please feel free to do so! I just have two requests for this linky!
- Please follow me (either by receiving emails of my posts–you can sign up over on the left sidebar, following me on facebook, or by following me on pinterest.)
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, I will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. If you want to, you could follow it to see great food recipes!
- If I have a real busy week and can’t post a recipe, I’ll feature some of you! By linking up, you agree to let me use your pictures and links in future feature recipe posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all of my social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thanks for linking up!