I love tacos, and I think it is neat that a book was written with over 100 different taco recipes.
Another taco recipe that can be found in Taco! Taco! Taco! is BBQ Skirt Steak Taco.
I love that there is some slaw combined with the meat in this taco. Some veggies along with the meat is a great combo!
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon Hungarian paprika
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 pound skirt steak, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- 2 cups shredded green cabbage
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
In a small bowl combine the cumin, chili powder, brown sugar, salt, paprika, and cloves.
Rub steak all over with the spice mixture and let sit for 30 minutes or up to 1 hour in the fridge.
Combine the yogurt, apple cider vinegar, and orange juice in a medium mixing bowl.
Add the shredded carrot, cabbage, and green onion and toss to coat.
Season to taste with salt and black pepper.
Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Preheat the grill to high heat or set a grill pan over medium-high heat. If using a grill, clean the grill grates and brush them with oil. If using a grill pan, coat pan lightly with oil.
Once hot, add the steak and cook the steak for 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until desired degree of doneness.
Let steak rest 10 minutes. Slice against the grain and serve in warmed tortillas topped with slaw.
ALTERNATE COOKING INFORMATION:
You can prepare this steak in a grill pan, as well. Cook for the same amount of time (adjusting for desired level of doneness) and be sure to coat the pan lightly with vegetable oil before cooking.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.