Growing up, my mom always made our favorite foods for our birthdays, and my dad was no exception. One recipe that he often asked for was this Bacon and Cheese Meatloaf.
Since he was at our house in Florida for his birthday, he got to ask for his favorites; and he asked for this dish. I had a slight problem because I did not have the recipe. I googled and found one very similar to my mom’s recipe here. Her recipe had 1 1/2 pounds of beef to one can of cheddar cheese soup, but we followed the recipe that is below for my dad’s birthday party and just doubled it.
Now, I do have to give one warning for this recipe: Make sure you stay home when this meatloaf is cooking and check in on it every once and a while. My mom once decided to have this cook on low while we were at church. The bacon grease caught on fire, and there was a small grease fire. There was no damage to the house or the stove as they caught it quickly, but we never again made it when we couldn’t watch it. We probably had cheap bacon that had a lot of grease too!
I hope you enjoy this wonderful recipe that includes traditional meatloaf with bacon and a wonderful cheese flavor!
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 egg
- dash of salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1/2 cup instant rice
- 1 10 1/2 ounce can cheddar cheese soup (I can only find Campbell's condensed cheddar cheese soup.)
- 3 slices uncooked bacon
Mix well: beef, salt, pepper, egg, milk, onion, rice and 1/2 can of cheddar cheese soup.
Add bread crumbs until you have a firm texture.
I doubled the recipe and placed in a oval ring in a 9" x 13" baking dish.
Use rest of can of cheddar cheese soup to "frost" the meatloaf.
Lay strips of uncooked bacon across top.
Bake at 350* for 1 hour.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.