I have fun sharing several taco recipes with you from the cookbook called Taco! Taco! Taco! by Sarah Haas.
So far, I have shared 3 of her recipes:
Today, I am going to share another one of her great recipes, Avocado Basil Turkey Tacos. I can’t wait to try this recipe out!
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil, lightly packed
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil mayonnaise or other mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 4 cups baby spinach, thinly sliced
- ½ small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 ripe tomato, chopped
- 4 ounces fresh mozzarella, chopped
- 1 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 12 ounces roasted turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed or room temperature
Scoop the avocado flesh into a food processor or blender along with the oil, basil, mayonnaise, and water. Blend until smooth.
Season with salt and pepper.
To a large mixing bowl, add the spinach, onion, tomato, mozzarella, and basil, then toss with the red wine vinegar.
Spread the avocado mixture evenly down the center of each tortilla, then top with the turkey and the spinach mixture.
GROCERY TIP: For the turkey, you can use the deli varieties or purchase a cooked turkey breast that you can slice at home.
COOKING TIP: To thinly slice basil (also called chiffonade), gather basil leaves and stack them on top of each other. Roll up lengthwise, then slice across the rolled leaves. You’ll be rewarded with “ribbons” of basil.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you would like to receive an email reminding you to link up to this party, please click HERE and add your email address to the list! I will only send you an email about linking up to this party.