I was given the cookbook, The I Heart Naptime Cookbook by blogger Jamielyn Nye to review.
It was easy to give my honest opinion on a book that contains over 100 easy & delicious recipes to make in less than one hour. It’s every mom’s dream cookbook! After having 5 of my own children and babysitting several other babies, I can so relate to having to get almost everything done in those brief hours of naptime. And after you add more children, the window of time to get those dinners made and the house cleaned up even shrinks as one kid is always awake!
I don’t want to depress any new mommas out there . . . but your disposable time does not increase as the kids get bigger. You trade the diapers for running the kids here and there and getting homework done and helping out in the classroom and . . . the list can go on and on.
I do love my life and would not want to trade it for the world. But I do love to find recipes that my family will love and that I can prepare in less than an hour. It frees me up to do the things I need to do — and maybe find a few minutes to sit down and relax!
The I Heart Naptime Cookbook is a beautiful, well put-together cookbook.
It is a hardback book with gorgeous photos, delicious sounding recipes, and a handy guide to freezer cooking, holiday ideas, meal planning advice, and time savers. It is officially being released on September 6 (next Tuesday), by Grand Central Life & Style, Hatchett Book Group. They have allowed me offer one of these books to my readers as a giveaway. Before you link up your recipes to today’s party, enter the giveaway below the recipe! You can also preorder the book HERE.
They also gave permission for me to share the following recipe from the book, Apple Snickerdoodle Muffins.
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 large apple peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch cubes
- ½ cup canola oil
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- Nonstick cooking spray optional
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
In a medium bowl, stir together ¼ cup of the brown sugar, and 1 teaspoon of the cinnamon. Stir in the apple cubes and set aside.
In a large bowl, using a hand mixer, beat together the oil, granulated sugar, and the remaining ¾ cup brown sugar until combined. Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla and mix until smooth.
In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, nutmeg, the remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon, and the salt. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until well combined. Fold in the cinnamon apples. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line two muffin tins with paper liners or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a small bowl, using a fork, stir together the topping ingredients until the mixture is crumbly. Don’t overmix. Set aside.
Using a large ice cream scoop or spoon, fill the muffin cups almost to the top. Sprinkle about 1 teaspoon of the topping over each muffin.
Bake for 5 minutes, then reduce the oven temperature to 375°F and bake for 11 to 13 minutes more. Insert a toothpick into the center of a muffin to make sure it comes out clean. Transfer to a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes.
In a small bowl, whisk together the powdered sugar and milk. Drizzle on top.
Excerpted from the book THE I HEART NAPTIME COOKBOOK by Jamielyn Nye. Copyright © 2016 by Jamielyn Nye. Reprinted with permission of Grand Central Life & Style. All rights reserved.
Enter the giveaway below to win a copy of The I Heart Naptime Cookbook!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The winner must live in the United States. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.