I was given a copy of Siriously Delicious by Siri Daly for my honest review. This cookbook has 100 nutritious (and a few not-so-nutritious) simple recipes.
My daughter has started to make many of the recipes for our Tasty Tuesday’s parties. She looked through the book and found a recipe for Apple, Nut Butter, and Granola Sandwiches. She thought they looked good and easy, so she made them!
She modified the recipe a little as we used regular peanut butter. (You can use any kind of nut butter.) We also used the granola we already had from Aldi, and she did not add raisins as we are not fond of raisins.
You can slice the apples any way you choose to slice them, but since we have the Kitchenaid slicer attachment, that is what we used to slice our apples.
My daughter was not wowed by the taste, but she did have fun making these Apple Sandwiches!
You can see the video she put together showing how to make these Apple Sandwiches:
- 1 ?3 cup creamy almond butter or other nut butter We used peanut butter.
- 1 large Granny Smith apple cored and sliced crosswise into 8 rings (We used our Kitchenaid slicer attachment that came with our spiralizer/slicer kit.)
- 1 ?4 cup granola We used granola from Aldi.
- 2 tablespoons golden raisins We did not include as we do not like raisins.
Spread about 3?4 tablespoon of almond butter onto 4 of the apple rings.
Sprinkle each with 1 tablespoon granola and about 1?2 tablespoon raisins.
Top with the remaining 4 apple rings; press gently to form sandwiches.
Excerpted from Siriously Delicious by Siri Daly. Copyright © 2018 Oxmoor House. Reprinted with permission from Time Inc. Books, a division of Meredith Corporation. New York, NY. All rights reserved.
Time Inc. Books has agreed to let one of my readers win a copy of Siriously Delicious!
Please enter the giveaway below if you would like to have a chance to win this cookbook. You must live in the United States in order to win this prize. Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of the prize.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.