We don’t celebrate Halloween in our house, but I know many of you do.
We ARE all about fall fun though, so when FamilyFun magazine sent me these Halloween recipes, I loved them as they can be used for any kind of fall parties. Maybe some of you will want to use them this coming week in your Halloween/fall festivities.
Made with a melon baller, these tiny treats capture all the fun, flavor, and spirit of the season. Plus, they’re the perfect size for little hands.
WHAT TO DO:
Line a couple of plates with parchment paper (you’ll need these for chilling the pops), then peel several Granny Smith apples. Use a melon baller to scoop out mini apple “balls.” Pat them with a paper towel, getting them as dry as possible. Insert a lollipop stick and get ready to dip! (Be sure to pat dry again before you dunk.) Our top flavor combos:
Dip apples in melted chocolate. Place on the parchment paper–lined plate and chill in the fridge for 10 minutes until set. Melt chewy caramel candies (we used Kraft’s) according to package directions, adding water to thin as necessary. Let cool slightly—piping hot caramel will melt the chocolate—then spoon over the apples. Immediately press chopped pecans on top. Chill for 10 minutes more.
Microwave marshmallow crème (like Marshmallow Fluff) at 50 percent power for 30 seconds, then dip apples. Chill for 10 minutes. Drizzle apples with melted chocolate and then roll in graham- cracker crumbs. Chill again for another 10 minutes.
Dip apples into melted white candy melts. Immediately roll in rainbow sprinkles. Chill for 10 minutes.
- PEANUT BUTTER CUP
Microwave together 1⁄2 cup peanut butter chips and 1 Tbs. butter at 50 percent power for 30-second intervals, stirring between each, until just melted and smooth. Dip apples. Chill for 10 minutes. Dip apples in melted chocolate. Chill for 10 minutes more.
- CINNAMON SPICE
Dip apples in melted white candy melts and immediately sprinkle on cinnamon sugar. Chill for 10 minutes. Melt chewy caramel candies according to package directions, adding water to thin as needed. Spoon the caramel over the apples. Chill for 10 minutes more.
These are best enjoyed the same day!
Halloween can be healthy too! Thread segments of fruit (we used pineapple, kiwi, watermelon, strawberries, and clementines) onto 4-inch bamboo skewers; push on a melon ball last. Press in mini chocolate chip pupils and carrot strip antennae.
Bark With A Bite
This treat comes together fast: Melt a package of candy melts according to package directions, then spread onto parchment paper. Press in various candies; let cool. Break to serve.
One package makes about nine servings.
- 3 Tbsp. butter plus extra
- 1 10-oz. package marshmallows (or 4 cups miniature marshmallows)
- 6 cups cereal like Fruity O’s
- Candy eyes
- Prepared frosting
In a large saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add the marshmallows; stir until melted. Remove from heat.
Add the cereal and stir until well coated.
Use a buttered #12 scoop (1?3 cup) to portion out balls, then round them with oiled hands. Placeon parchment or wax paper to set.
Glue on candy eyes with frosting.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.