Applesauce Oatmeal Cookies
- 1 3/4 cups quick cooking oats 149 grams
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour 192 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking powder 4 grams
- 1 teaspoon baking soda 4 grams
- 1 teaspoon salt 6 grams
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 4 grams
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg optional--I did not use.
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar 220 grams
- 1/2 cup white sugar 100 grams
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup applesauce 6 ounces
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup raisins optional
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Grease cookie sheets.
In a medium bowl, stir together the quick oats, flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg, set aside.
In a large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar and white sugar until smooth. Beat in the egg and applesauce.
Stir the oatmeal mixture into the batter until well blended then fold in the chocolate chips, raisins and walnuts. Drop by rounded spoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.