Sadly, Christmas is the most stressful time of the year for me, no matter where I live or what I am doing.
When I look at my to-do list for today, I feel like having a mini-panic attack. I have to get out cards, presents, make a calendar, do a class party, bake, practice for the church Christmas program . . . and the list goes on and on.
I really don’t have a lot of great advice on how to avoid stress. Obviously, I have stress. But here are some simple things I do to help me enjoy this time of year regardless of the stress.
- Put on some happy music. Christmas carols are wonderful to listen to, of course.
- Laugh. Laughing always makes everything better.
- Enlist help from your family. Now that my kids are bigger, they can do so much more. They fold the laundry for me after I wash, dry, and hang up all the clothes on hangers. They help wash some of the dishes and set the table. They love to bake, so they bake many of my special treats at Christmas time. They also put my Christmas cards in the envelopes. Little things like that save a lot of time!
- Find a way to take a few minutes to relax. Whether it is taking 10 minutes to drink a cup of tea, lighting a relaxing candle, taking a bath, or reading a couple of chapters of a good book, do something where you can just chill and let the stress roll off your shoulders. That half an hour of relaxation will rejuvenate you so you can work full-steam. Others around you will enjoy being around you too.
Hallmark knows that little things like a beautiful scented candle or a cup of tea makes all the difference in the world. They sent me a Holiday Stress Relief Package that included 4 different Crafters & Co. items. One of my readers will also win this package.
- Hallmark Crafters & Co. Cinnamon Bark Candle: This classic holiday candle evokes the nostalgic treat of vanilla sugar blended with buttery caramel, cinnamon and creamy vanilla.
- Hallmark Crafters & Co. Mistletoe Glass Pillar Candle: Let the cozy smells of the season permeate your home with this high-quality candle. The natural vegetable wax blend burns cleanly for up to 50 hours!
- Hallmark Crafters & Co. Mistletoe Luxury Bar Soap: Its cozy blend of red currants, cranberries, cedarwood, Frasier fir and embers is the perfect holiday de-stressing agent.
- Hallmark Crafters & Co. Teacup and Saucer Set: This dainty teacup will serve as a daily reminder to lean on your friends in stressful times with an adorable etching all over that reads “Friends. Because smiles don’t happen all by themselves. It would also make a great gift for that special friend.
I love the teacup. Here are a couple pictures that show are closer:
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize. Winner must reside in the United States. Winner will be contacted via email and will have 48 hours to respond to the email before a new winner is chosen.