Wow, this week has been a whirlwind–but what a fun whirlwind! I’ll start off with my busy blogging week, and end up with my fun family week.
- I started off the week with three posts on my goals for this year. I thought I was going to write my Personal Priorities post back on December 13, and be done; but the more I thought and wrote about my goals, the wordier I got! I ended up doing a Sanctified Sundays post to write more on my spiritual goals and a Tasty Tuesdays post to write about a Living Well, Spending Less challenge I want to do as well as my monthly menu I am trying out, and a list of freezer meals I would like to try this year. Then I finally did my goals post on Thursday. I think that thinking so in-depth now will help me actually do more of these goals this year. . .However . . .
- I already have not done very well on some of my goals as I’ve been swamped in social media and blogging this week. I started a new resource blog called The Ultimate Linky. I think it will be a great resource for bloggers to link up their linky parties, giveaways, and printables. And it will be a great resource for everyone to go look for printables in an organized fashion and enter some giveaways. I have a few linkies to add, but it is all mostly done. This took a lot of time, but it was perfectly timed without me knowing as The SITS Girls started a facebook group where I was able to gain new followers (Thanks, SITS!) and . . .
- Money Saving Mom also shared a facebook post about my goals post as I referenced her new book, Say Goodbye to Survival Mode. Friday was a great blog day, where I got over 2,000 views! (That’s very high for me!) Thanks, MSM. I really did love the book, and I’m going through it for the second time. You can pre-order it now and receive some freebies. The release date is January 21. You can find the link for her book on my goals post.
Our family also had a wonderful family week.
- Saturday was my husband’s birthday, and we spent a low-key day at home! We had been going every day that week, so it was nice to be able to stay home (and catch up on laundry.)
- Sunday, we took a mini-vacation after going to church. We went to an indoor water-park for the first time in our lives! We went for just one night, but we got to swim both days and do some rides and games at an indoor amusement park. It was so much fun and something that we will always remember.
- Tuesday, I babysat half of a day, and then we went to a friend’s house to eat dinner and play some games.
- Wednesday was New Years Day! Happy New Years! We went to my parents’ house for lunch, and then we left 4 of our kids there for a few hours! I was able to work on The Ultimate Linky a little bit and have a couple of quiet hours. Priceless!
- Thursday I babysat–and I did exercise. So, with all my swimming, I figure I exercised only two times this week–but I’m hoping to do exercise on Saturday too.
- Friday, I was tied to the computer way too much, but the kids got to go play in the snow with a friend (we got about a foot of snow this week!), and we went to see my in-laws in the evening.
We also went to visit the animal shelter to see the dogs as Kaylin has been begging to get a dog. They really didn’t have any kid-friendly dogs we could see besides a couple of dogs right in the front that had some smelly stuff on the floor. (They had cleaned their room an hour before we got there; but well, you know dogs. And it is so cold that the dogs don’t even want to go out!) That did not help me want to have a dog in my house at all! But the kids were still glad that they were able to go.
- I have to go grocery shopping for some produce and dairy tomorrow (I’m trying to keep my grocery shopping to a minimum this month), clean the house, do laundry, and go to a friend’s house for dinner tomorrow night! Yay–I got out of making dinner three times this week!