Most of my Thoughtful Thursdays are inspirational and devotional in nature.
Since I have started blogging my devotions daily, I come to Thoughtful Thursdays and draw a blank as I already wrote how God is working in my heart. It is interesting that our pastor just talked about PRAYER again tonight in church after my post last week about prayer. Think God wants me to pay attention?
Our pastor shared how the word translated prayer means to be outspoken or frank. It means plainness of speech that conceals nothing. It is saying what is genuinely in my heart, hiding nothing! God wants us to come to Him this way! We can come to Him in confidence, and when we do not, we diminish the sacrifice He paid. He sent His only Son to die for us! I deny Him when I do not pray to Him. Here is one quote from last night’s message:
He wants and desires this fellowship with us! We can come confidently knowing that He will listen and fellowship with us. How often do we treat Him as a charm that we go to when we need good luck? That is not prayer! Prayer is fellowship with a best friend. It is knowing that He longs to forgive us when we sin, that He wants to hear our desires, and that He is worthy of our praise.
When we come in this way, we will enjoy Him supremely. We are made for His glory! Not for us to get our wants supplied. But when we learn to glory in Him and to fellowship with Him, we will have joy!
Since I don’t have a ton of thoughts, here are some posts that will make you think from last week.
I pin all the POSTS I feature:
- Running on Empty by Pure Grace Farms is a post that resonated with me as I struggle with not letting the blog world consume too much of my time. It’s hard to keep a balance!
- 11 Verses on Waiting on the Lord by Raising Samuels Homeschool is helpful if you are struggling with having to wait for something.
- What Do You Want to Be by Aaron’s Hands Ministries resonated with my word abide. I want to be joyful! Then I need to put Christ first in my life and abide. This excellent post is a little longer to read, but well-worth your time!
And there were many more posts that I enjoyed reading, but I did not list here. Thank you for taking the time to link up posts that matter!
I am a contributor for TOTS Family and TOTS Business. Some of my posts recently were published and are more “thoughtful”:
- Tips for Making Freezer Meals: I love freezer meals! They are such time savers (and life savers) some days. I give tips and links on how to make freezer cooking a success! You can pin the post HERE.
- I love to read about blogging and how social media affects blogging . . . I know–I am a nerd! Now that I no longer have The Ultimate Linky where I would blog about social media, I write about it for TOTS Business. I have started a new series called KISSMIF: Keep it Simple, Social Media is Fun. I just listened to 4 podcasts (and took some notes) as I blogged so that I can write my next post. My last post that was called KISSMIF #4: Social Media Predictions for 2015 and Tips for Google+, Facebook, and More. You can pin it for later reference HERE. I’ll share my next post with you when it is published as I am so excited to write it after listening to the podcasts tonight!
Here are the rules for this linky:
*homemaking*homeschooling*devotional or Biblical posts*Christian in nature*family/marriage*inspirational*
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.