Be encouraged if you are a mom!
Motherhood is the highest calling a woman could possibly have. We are loving and training little souls who could grow up to be servants of God and the leaders of the next generation! What we do daily will make an impression on their lives and could determine the direction they take. I hope these quotes will be an encouragement to you.
No language can express the power, and beauty, and heroism, and majesty of a mother’s love. It shrinks not where man cowers, and grows stronger where man faints, and over wastes of worldly fortunes sends the radiance of its quenchless fidelity like a star. ~Edwin Hubbell Chapin
I remember my mother’s prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life. ~Abraham Lincoln Pray for your children! It makes a difference.
The formative period for building character for eternity is in the nursery. The mother is queen of that realm and sways a scepter more potent than that of kings or priests. ~Author Unknown We mothers are doing something important! Don’t let the your mind, the world, or anybody else tell you differently!
A mother is a person who seeing there are only four pieces of pie for five people, promptly announces she never did care for pie. ~Tenneva Jordan
On a lighter note . . .
Today, I loved reading Finding Joy’s 50 Amazing Things About Moms. I’m sure you could relate to many–if not almost all–of the 50 things she listed. Here are a few of my favorites:
Moms make. . .
13. A messy living room clean in 5 minutes when they find that someone is coming
over in 10 minutes.
16. A mean peanut butter and jelly sandwich with only remnants of both left in
18. Running after a toddler a form of daily exercise and yoga.
29. Swaying back and forth while talking with others even after they are no
longer holding the baby.
30. Family pictures even though only a portion of the kids are even looking at
37. That there is enough hot water left for their shower.
38. That they get a shower. (So true sometimes!)
Moms are brave:
46. When they say yes to the no mess and easy clean up fingerpaint.
48. Anytime they start the whole potty training cycle.