Last week, I shared my family’s food recipe for Chicken Parmesan. Many times when we make that recipe, we pair it with Italian Rice. It is a delicious dish that will feed many mouths, so we usually make it when we have another family over for dinner. Since I made it for the family that just had twins, they did not need a big 13″ x 9″ pan full of rice, so I made an 8″ x 8″ dish for them and put the rest in a bread pan (9″ x 5″) for us to have a small portion each.
I will give you the directions for making it in a 13″ x 9″ pan, but the pictures will be of the 8″ x 8″ pan.
- 2 1/2 cups of uncooked rice
- 1 stick of margarine
- 1 1/2 cups grated romano cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1-26 ounce jar of pasta sauce
- 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook 2 1/2 cups of rice and 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt in 5 cups of
water until done.
Mix into the cooked rice, 1 stick of margarine, and 1 1/2 cups grated romano cheese until well-blended.
Press into an 8 1/2" x 11" dish (or 9" x 13").
Poke the rice with a fork.
Pour 2 beaten eggs over rice.
Pour 1-26 ounce jar of pasta sauce over the top of rice.
Top with 1 pound shredded mozzarella cheese.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes.
This can be put together earlier in the day (or the night before). Place it in the refrigerator, and then bake for your dinner. Allow extra time to bake if it was placed in the refrigerator.
If you would like to link up to 3 of your old or new recipes, please feel free to do so! I have two requests for this linky!
- Please follow me (either by receiving emails of my posts–you can sign up over on the left sidebar, following me on facebook, or by following me on pinterest.)
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, I will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. If you want to, you could follow it to see great food recipes!
- If I have a real busy week and can’t post a recipe, I’ll feature some of you! By linking up, you agree to let me use your pictures and links in future feature recipe posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all of my social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out
Thanks for linking up!
‘); // ]]>