Smartphones and devices are a way of life for almost everyone today.
I have my phone everywhere I go. Now that it is two years old, the battery does not keep charge as long as it used to keep charge. Last week, I worked in our church’s rummage sale, and I had to bring my charger with me as I was there all day long.
My daughter would try to remember to charge her emergency phone up before her basketball games, but sometimes she did not get her phone completely charged up. I did not want her going on road trips without a way for her to reach me.
So what do we do when our phone is dying and we do not have a way to charge it?
We use a portable charger!
Portable chargers have been around forever. We have a couple of them that I make sure are charged and ready for road trips — and in hurricane season! Last September, before we knew we had to evacuate because of Hurricane Irma, I had my portable chargers ready in case we were without electricity. And we would have used them if we hadn’t evacuated as our house was without electricity for several days. My Florida natural disasters may be different than yours, but no one is exempt from potentially being without electricity whether its a storm, blizzard, tornado, or some freak incident.
However, not all portable chargers are created equal, which is why I was excited to review the HubMini Portable Charger by myCharge. They sent me one in exchange for my honest review. I received no monetary compensation.
Here you can see what the HubMini looks like.
- In the first row, you can see what the HubMini looks like. It has the two integrated cables plus a USB cord to recharge your HubMini.
- In the second row, you can see how the integrated cables tuck into the HubMini.
- In the 3rd row, you can see how it is charging my iPhone plus my husband’s Samsung at the same time. Then you see the picture where it is charging just my iPhone.
- In the last row, you can see how it is recharging from my computer. When I opened the HubMini, there wasn’t much charge left in it, so I had to recharge it before I could charge my phone fully. When it is fully charged, all four circles will be lit. (last picture).
Here are some features I noticed right away and liked about the HubMini Portable Charger:
- It comes to you ready to use. I was able to take it out of the package and plug it in to my phone right away. It was not fully charged though.
- It has two integrated charging cables: one micro-USB cable and an Apple® Lightning™ cable so I can charge my iPhone and my husband’s Samsung at the same time (or a Kindle that belongs to one one of my daughters.)
- It is small — I can put it in my pocket and carry it with me — or put it in my purse.
- It charges quickly.
Here are some of the technology features that I copied from their website:
- Smart-sense: ensures complete device compatibility
- Hyper-charge: ultra-fast charging of your devices; up to 65% faster than competitors
- Power-stay: maintains battery power for up to 1 year
- Max-power: maximum power transfer from powerbank to device
- High-density battery: the smallest and lightest powerbank
- Safe-cell: provides the highest level of battery safety
- Rapid-recharge: powerbank recharges up to 50% faster than competitors
- Pass Through Charging: will charge the powerbank and connected device simultaneously
I like how I can send this with my daughters and they can charge their phone when they are traveling with their sport’s team. They can always get hold of me.
I don’t have to worry about my phone dying if I have this charger in my purse. If you have never bought a portable charger, I encourage you to give this one a try!
You can enter the giveaway to win one of your own!
Winner must reside in the United States.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize.