I needed a fast and easy post to put up for today’s party, and so I turned to this fast and easy casserole to make!
We grew up eating casseroles. When I hear of those who won’t eat casseroles, I am always amazed. My mom could stretch a buck probably more than anyone I know! For a few years, her budget was $25 a week — for everything. Laundry detergent, tissue paper, food, clothes. You name it; the $25 had to cover it. And she did it!
She would cook a chicken every other Sunday, and that week we had chicken dumplings, soup with chicken stock, and always a casserole. To this day, my older sister and I still don’t like chicken dumplings. 🙂 But we like everything else!
Of course, if we ever had a ham, that was stretched too: 2 soups from the ham stock were made — one with the ham bone and one with the drippings. Then the leftover ham was diced up and frozen in 2 cup portions ready for casseroles.
This Ham Noodle Casserole was one of the favorite casseroles that we ate!
- 8 ounces egg noodles cooked
- 2 cups chopped Swiss cheese I use half Swiss cheese/half American cheese.
- 1/3 cup green pepper optional
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 1/2 cups chopped ham
- 2 tablespoons chopped onion or use some dry minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt optional-- I usually do not use as the ham and cheese is salty enough.
Combine all of the above ingredients.
Place in a casserole baking dish.
Cover. Bake for 15-30 minutes at 350°.
Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts! Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
**Tammy at Creative K Kids (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram **Erlene at My Pinterventures (Blog)** Pinterest/Facebook/Google+/Twitter/Instagram
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please link up a food post you have never linked up at this party before.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thanks for linking up!
‘); // ]]>