A few years ago I found this recipe for making my own Ham and Cheese Pockets.
My girls loved to eat them with soup or to take them with them to lunch as as their was a microwave available to them at school. It was cheaper than buying hot pockets and they lived them better as well.
I changed the recipe some as I wanted to add a little more flavor to the filling, but my kids prefer just plain ham and cheese; they have rather bland taste buds.
These can be frozen and then taken out later and warmed up in the microwave or oven. I love that I can cook once and use these on busy days in the future!
Homemade Ham and Cheese Pockets
This mixture was enough for @15 hot pockets.
I also did some Chicken and Cheese Pockets:
- 2 cups chicken
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup Caesar
- 3 Tablespoons salad dressing (Miracle Whip)
It made @14 hot pockets. I personally thought the Caesar taste was too strong, but my husband said he liked it.
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.