I had never had green smoothies until a little bit over a year ago. I was amazed at how good they were! We had them every day for a while, and then we stopped. But my husband was just in a Biggest Loser Competition, and we started having them again every day for lunch.
There are so many different combinations that you can do when you make smoothies! I even started my own “smoothie” Pinterest board! If you go HERE, you can click on the fruit or vegetable you want to include, and it will give you a recipe for a smoothie having those ingredients.
Here is our favorite Green Smoothie recipe. We’ll call it the Strawberry-Banana Smoothie, because that is so original.
- 1 cup 100% grape or berry juice
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 cup rinsed and hulled strawberries
- 2 bananas
- water until desired consistency
Add juice and spinach to blender.
Add strawberries and blend until smooth.
Add bananas and blend until smooth.
Add a little bit of water until you get the thickness you want.
Pour and enjoy!
I get bananas and strawberries on sale. I unpeel 2 bananas and freeze them in a quart size baggie with 2 cups of rinsed, hulled, an sliced (in half) strawberries. Then it is fast to make a smoothie. You can also freeze spinach.
When the fruit is frozen, it makes the smoothie thicker, so you will need more water. If you use fruit not frozen, and the smoothie is not thick enough, then add a few ice cubes and blend them.
If you are a foodie or write one food post a week and would like to co-host this party for May and June, let me know! I would ask that you run the linky every week on your blog along with either a food post or featuring posts from this party from the previous week. Then you would have to help pin the posts and leave comments on the blogs. I would give you the rules and linky every week as well as email all the participants. I would ask that the people link up would follow you.
If you would like to link up to 3 of your old or new recipes, please feel free to do so! I just have two requests for this linky!
- Please follow me (either by receiving emails of my posts–you can sign up over on the left sidebar, following me on facebook, or by following me on pinterest.)
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, I will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. If you want to, you could follow it to see great food recipes!
- If I have a real busy week and can’t post a recipe, I’ll feature some of you! By linking up, you agree to let me use your pictures and links in future feature recipe posts. Your photo may also be used for promotion on all of my social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
Thanks for linking up!
‘); // ]]>