As a busy mom, I am a huge fan of Gorton’s Seafood products.
This is a sponsored post by Gorton’s. I received free products from them; however, all opinions are my own.
I love them, my kids love them, and now there is another reason to love them! They have come out with a new line of products called Smart and Crunchy.
These products have the same delicious, crispy taste, but they have many advantages such as:
- 50% less fat than Gorton’s regular fish sticks
- 180 calories per serving
- made with 100% wild-caught Alaska Pollock
- breaded with delicious tasty panko breadcrumbs
- no artificial flavors
- no MSG
- never fried
With all these health-conscious benefits, what is there not to love? I love how it saves my dinners on those nights when I don’t have time to make a from-scratch meal. Just last week, I had to run out grocery shopping and then pick up my daughter from a birthday party that was half an hour away. When I got to the party, I found out the girls hadn’t even started spending their tokens. An hour later, I finally left and drove back home. By the time I got home, it was 6:30 p.m.–way past the time I usually start making dinner. With the help of Gorton, I was able to get a dinner on the table by 7:00 p.m.
I many times make some homemade french fries and a tossed salad to go along with Gorton’s Seafood. I slice the potatoes up in wedges after cleaning or peeling them. I place the slices on a baking pan, use a pastry brush to coat them with olive oil, lightly salt them, and bake at 400º until done.
I also made this Ramen Coleslaw Recipes recently which would make a great side dish if you like a vinegar/oil based coleslaw.
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons white wine vinegar (I did not have and used apple cider vinegar since it is sweeter than regular vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar I only did about 1 Tablespoon
- 1 3 ounce package chicken flavored ramen noodles, crushed, seasoning packet reserved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 medium head cabbage shredded
- 5 green onions chopped
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, ramen noodle spice mix, salt and pepper to create a dressing.
Place sesame seeds and almonds in a single layer on a medium baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 10 minutes, or until lightly brown.
In a large salad bowl, combine the cabbage, green onions and crushed ramen noodles. Pour dressing over the cabbage, and toss to coat evenly. Top with toasted sesame seeds and almonds.
You can go to Gorton’s Smart and Crunchy website and download a coupon for $1.00 off. You also can enter a sweepstakes to win an ultimate family vacation! Right now, Gorton’s Smart & Crunchy is doing a tour across the United States. You can go to specified locations to taste samples, receive coupons, and more. There are only a couple of locations left on their tour.
Not only did Gorton’s give us some coupons for their food products, but they also gave us 2 aprons so now the boys in our family have matching aprons.
And we got a plush toy of Smart & Crunchy’s new mascot, Smarty Crunchman. Kiley claimed it right away.
Gorton’s is also offering a giveaway for my readers!
One reader will win the following:
- Two (2) full-value product coupons
- One (1) adult-size and one (1) child-size Gorton’s apron
- Smarty Crunchman Plush Stuffy
If you would like to reach out to Gorton’s via social media, please tag them using @gortonsseafood and #smartandcrunchy. You can also sign up for their newsletter on the bottom of their home page to receive news, coupons, and recipes.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Creative K Kids is not responsible for the fulfillment of this prize. Giveaway is open for any person 18 years of age or older who resides in the United States.
Ashley from Forgetful Momma is joining Audrey from That Recipe to be our co-hosts for March! Please make sure that you follow them in at least one way! They will be commenting on and pinning many of your posts.
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.