We have had a month of teaching now full-time, so it is a little easier to try to figure out what my goals should be. I think by May, I may have it down. I’m sure I’ll have it down; but for now, we’ll have to figure it out schedule and priorities little by little.
Here are October’s goals:
- I didn’t really keep my morning schedule that I listed in September’s goals. I still would like to be up at 5:30 a.m. on schol mornings and in bed by 11 p.m.
- Continue preparing a basic menu plan for each week and doing my grocery shopping on Saturday staying under my $100 budget a week for all supplies.
- Do a couple of laundries throughout the week to help relieve laundry on Saturday.
- We started to be stricter about making the kids make their lunches in the evening. That has been so helpful.
- I would like to get all my lesson plans done for November by the end of October.
- Read my chapter for upcoming parenting book study.
- Continue to do Bible reading in the car as we drive into school.
Goals for Blogging:
I have cut back in blogging as I cannot do everything right now, but I do make some money blogging which is helping to pay for my daughters’ music lessons. Kaylin, Karis, and Kristi all have lessons every other week on their instruments which comes to over $100 a month. That is not in our budget right now, so I am doing extra “jobs” to pay for it.
- Since I am not working the blog like I used to, my pageviews have gone down. I would like to keep them at least 10,000 pageviews a month. So I need to be diligent on my Facebook page and pin my own content.
- I do have a sponsored post this month. This gives me enough money for 1 1/2 months of private lessons in one post. I will share it with you when it is done.
- I need to do two contributor posts which earn a little bit of money.
- I have not had people hire me for round-ups yet this month, but I am fine with that as I need to focus on my sponsored post in my free time.
- I am still pinning for another blogger which also earns me some money.
- On Tasty Tuesdays, I would like to clean up some of my old posts. Many pictures have disappeared when I switched who hosts my blog, and I need to fix the posts.
I have some wonderful ideas for posts as I am doing some crafts with my Kindergarteners, but I have not had time to write them up! Hopefully I will this month be able to do a couple of these posts.
Since I am still blogging, here are a few great posts from September:
- Chocolate Topped Toffee Bars (guest post– I so appreciated having guest posts!)
- Penne alla Norma (guest post)
My Thoughtful Thursdays posts are also some of my favorite posts where I shared how God is teaching and directing our family.
What are your plans for October?