Well, here we are again! We started off the year with high hopes, and have you crashed already or are you still excited and ready to go?
It’s time to have the reality check for January and tweak our goals for February, because we’re in this together. We’re here to encourage each other and not give up! (Well, I might give up on some things!)
This week, I now have a yucky cold which makes me want to just crawl into bed and forget blogging and other responsibilities. But we are now adults and must keep pressing forward!
Just as a reminder, here were my goals for January:
- Spiritually: Read my Bible every day.
- Start exercising at least 2 times a week.
- Create good habits.
I was supposed to establish good waking and sleeping habits this past month. Didn’t happen. At all. Nope!
- I guess the only goal I did great at was #1. That is my foremost goal this year. Last year, I did terrible at consistently getting in the Word and applying it to my life. So I’m online journaling my devotions to keep me accountable this year, and it’s working!
- I exercised for 15 minutes one day. Plus I was really busy a couple of days (not sitting.) Okay–I know, that is terrible! I actually decided I was going to start exercising and listening to some of my podcasts while I walked. I started on Wednesday, walked for 15 minutes and then I got off to attend a webinar. Which ended up being postponed because the service was down. Then I got this yucky cold. It really only works for me to exercise from 2-3 pm as that is when the child I babysit is sleeping and it is before my older kids get home and I have to do homework, dinner, etc. But that is one time I can rest and then catch up on blogging. I am gaining weight though, and I hate that. In February, I would like to exercise 3 times a week, two times at the very least. Please hold me accountable!
- My good habits were supposed to be going to bed by 10 pm and waking up at 5 am. It’s not going to happen. It just won’t. In February, I would like to be in bed by midnight and up by 6:30 pm. Let’s see if that is more attainable.
And here are some new goals for the children:
- Have each of the older three girls (at least the oldest two) wash dishes once a week.
- Make the older children consistently pack their own lunches.
Here are a couple of blogging goals for me this year:
- I have been very excited to get some sponsored posts this month. I know that these posts may not be what some people want to read, but they do help to cover the cost of this blog, and I am hoping will be a part-time income for me when all the children are in school and we continue to pay for braces and eventually college. Blogging is something I can do around my children’s schedule. So I would like to average 15,000 pageviews a month. I got up to about 14,300 for January. December crashed at the end of the month.
- I am trying to be more organized about my sharing and also making my round-up posts. I am starting many spreadsheets using Google Docs. I love my Google Drive! I just go to NEW and click on Google Sheets. Then I made a spreadsheet where I track where I have shared my pins. I am in so many groups or participate in parties where you can share the pin, and I kept forgetting which pins I have already shared and where I have shared them. Plus, now I can go grab the pin URL easily. I so wish that I had started this when I started blogging.
Here is what mine looks like so far (all the places I have shared pins are in columns D and on to the right):
I also put the link to the exact facebook thread that I have to go reciprocate sharing or commenting by the end of the day under my last pin so that later I don’t forget which one I linked up to that morning. The next day, I delete those and put my new links. I am getting too forgetful in my “older” age and I need some help!
You can go HERE and see a mostly blank spreadsheet that I have started to help you start your own. I think I have made it editable so that you can fill in your own information. I am not sure how that works, but at least you can see what to do. You would want to edit columns D and following to where you link up pins. You can do this for where you share blog posts, what boards you have pinned certain pins to, and more.
FIY: I am not a Spreadsheet guru. I am sure there is an easier way to do this, but I put an asterick in front of the Pin Description because I want that to stay up on the top of my sheet, and I wanted to sort my pins in A-Z order. When I put in the pin description, I would start it with Valentine or Winter or Dessert so that when I alphabetize my list, all my Valentine pins will be together. To alphabetize the list, just click on the first pin description, hold the shift key, and click on the last pin description. The whole column should now be highlighted. Then click on Data and click on the first choice. You will have to do this every time you want it alphabetized.
Do you blog about your goals?