Here is this month’s quote:
Oh, I love this quote! I didn’t reach many goals last month, but I am going to set my targets again this month and hopefully reach more of my goals.
I did not realize how long it would take for me to feel half-way normal after moving. I only did the bare minimum for a few weeks. Laundry got done, dishes were washed, dinners were made, we visited people in our new church; but blogging definitely too a backseat in my life — and my page views sure evidenced how much of my life was turned upside down. I haven’t seen such bad numbers in 2 years!
The past couple of weeks, I have had more energy. I sewed 4 swim shirts for the girls and 2 pairs of swim shorts. We had people over, and I started making 4 pencil pouches for the kids for school. School supplies are bought, and we are starting to feel more like Floridians.
This month still will have a lot of changes: a brand new school year starts up with new responsibilities for me as well. But I am hoping that I will get into a new routine quickly that will reflect time spent on blogging so that my numbers will improve. I am going to try to make more concrete goals to help me succeed this next month!
Here’s how I did on July’s goals:
Do daily devotions. Have kids do daily devotions.I think I was better at this than the kids. I subscribed to many daily devotional emails to see which one I liked best. I read probably 2-3 of them a day as they are short; but at least I am doing something. I also am trying to do the I Peter Bible study book that are Sunday School class is in right now.
- Set up a cleaning time for kids and a
time to work on math with Kiley; math and phonics with Joshua. I was doing well on math and phonics until swimming classes started last week. I will hopefully do better this next week. I do have the kids help clean, but probably not enough. Do library/book reading programs with the kids.We got started late, and the programs were rather lame; so I threw away the papers. 🙂 Maybe next year! Sell more curriculum.A few items sold, but the items are up on Homeschool Classifieds. Continue getting to know our church family in Florida. We were able to go swimming at some church members’ houses and we had many people to our house for a children’s ministry planning meeting. Enjoy time as a family. We went to Clearwater Beach, played a few games, and were together most of the time. Figure out and order the curriculum I need for school in Augustas well as enroll Kaylin in her math co-op. I cannot enroll Kaylin until the middle of August.
- Start planning the classes I will teach at the church school my kids will go to. I will do phonics/spelling/writing/language for Kindergarten, 1st, and 2nd grade. (That is only 4 students though.) I have to do this the next 2 weeks.
See if kids need any physicals for school.4 of the kids had Pinellas County School Physicals. Kiley will get hers done on Wednesday. Sign Kaylin up for a recreational swim team for the end of July.4 of the kids are doing the swim team last week and this week. Kiley is taking Level 1 swim classes at the same time. See if the other kids can do swim lessons (maybe).
- Look for a good bike for myself where I can start biking early in the morning before it gets too hot. We live close to an awesome bike path. Haven’t been able to do this yet.
- Get two review/giveaway posts up. — I should have had these done already. I emailed one company to see if I can do a post this Tuesday.
Apply for sponsored posts?I just applied for a few. My views are so low that I probably will not get any. Continue to do Social Media sponsored jobs.— I need to really work on the three that I have in August. Do two Scattered Saturdays.I only did one.
- Make more recipes for my Tasty Tuesday’s posts. I need to do a bunch in August! Here were some recipes I shared in July:
- Update a couple of my menu pages. I haven’t added my new recipes to my pages so that visitors can find them. Did not do.
Start pinning more and adding my links to share threads once again.Only did a little of this.
Here are August’s goals:
- Do daily devotions.
- Finish K-5 math with Kiley and 2nd grade math with Joshua. Do more Phonics with Joshua.
- Laminate Phonics flashcards.
- Do lesson plans for school.
- Exercise 2 times a week.
- Go to bed by 11:00 p.m.
- Set up a doctor’s appointment for Joshua.
- Set up dentist appointments for September for kids.
- Finish pencil pouches for 4 kids (already started just yesterday [Sunday, July 31]).
- Get Kaylin signed up for Algebra I co-op.
- Get ready for my husband’s special Sunday on August 28.
- Get 2 social media jobs 90% done — post once a week; get one job 50% done — post once a week.
- Spend 10 minutes on Pinterest 5 times a week.
- Make 2 new recipes.
- Work on my menu bar one week.
- Get 2 review/giveaways up.
- Get 2 Scattered Saturdays up.
- Get one DIY tutorial up.
- Participate in Facebook group sharing threads 2 times a week.
- Get my views back up to 10,000 a month.
What are your plans for August?
If you write about your goals, then please link up below! If you would like to be part of our blogging goals group, then you can ask to join the Facebook group HERE. A group of bloggers all provide the link-up starting on the last Friday of every month (some do it later in the month than that day), and it remains open most of the month!