My mom has made Fried Butternut Squash ever since I can remember!
Growing up, I was not a fan of it; but now I enjoy it! It is very easy to make, and it is one more way to prepare squash.
How to prepare Fried Butternut Squash
- Slice the squash into 1/2″ slices.
- Cut off the rind carefully with a sharp knife or a vegetable peeler.
- Remove any seeds.
- Pour about 1″ or more of oil into a pan and start heating the oil.
- Dip the squash first into an egg wash mixture (1 egg with 1 Tablespoon of water beaten) and then into Frying Magic.
- When the oil is hot (starting to bubble), place the battered squash in the oil. Cook on one side until it is starting to get soft, and then flip it over. When you can pierce the squash with your fork it is done.
- When the squash is almost done, I pour the leftover eggwash on top of the cooking squash. The egg cooks with the squash. Yum!
- Place cooked squash on a plate that is lined with paper towels.
- I like to smash the squash and top with butter while it is still hot! I also think it tastes better while it is HOT. Cold squash is still yucky to me :).
This month, Dina from My UN-Entitled Life and Keitha from The Bajan Texan are running this party on their blogs!
We would love to have you link up to three of your old or new food posts!
Here are just a few requests for this linky:
- PLEASE follow the hosts and co-hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They visit your post, leave a comment, and pin your post. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Try to visit a couple of blogs and leave a comment or share their posts.
- Please make sure you link up only food-related posts that have never been linked up here before or they will be deleted.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.