This Chicken Manicotti dish is wonderful to make as you can cook it for now or freeze it for later!
This recipe is another one I originally got from the Quick Cooking magazine. It is super easy, and it only has 7 ingredients (six if you leave out the mushrooms like I do!) Of course, you can eat one dish, and freeze one; freeze both dishes ; or use both if you have a large family or are having guests over. Here’s how you make it:
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 16 uncooked manicotti shells
- 2 jars 26 ounces each spaghetti sauce, divided
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage cooked and drained
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms sliced (optional)
- 4 cups 16 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2/3 cup water
Cook and drain the Italian sausage.
Rub the garlic powder over the raw chicken; and cut it into 1-in. strips.
Stuff the chicken into the raw manicotti shells.
Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce in each of two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dishes.
Place eight stuffed manicotti shells in each dish.
Sprinkle with sausage and mushrooms. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over the top. Sprinkle with cheese.
Drizzle water around the edge of each dish. Cover and bake one casserole at 375° for 65-70 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and pasta is tender. Cover and freeze remaining casserole for up to 1 month.
To use frozen casserole: Thaw in the refrigerator. Let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes. Bake as directed.
We like to eat Chicken Manicotti for dinner along with our favorite Angel Biscuits!
PLEASE LINK UP TO THREE FOOD POSTS TO THE TASTY TUESDAYS’ LINKY PARTY!
- PLEASE follow the hosts of this party through one of their social media listed below. They will visit your post and pin it. Just pick one (or more) of the options below and please follow them.
- Please link up to three food-related posts that have never been linked up here before. Posts containing alcohol also will not be pinned.
- Place this button or a link to this post somewhere on your site–either on the actual post or on your sidebar or on your party page.
- As a thank-you for linking up, we will pin your recipe to the Tasty Tuesdays at Creative K Kids Pinterest board. Please follow the board to see all the great food recipes!
- Creative K Kids is not responsible for stolen images or the mis-use by others who have found your image through CreativeKKids.com.
- By linking up, you agree to let any of the hosts or co-hosts use your pictures and links if they decide to feature your post. Your photo may also be used for promotion on any of their social media outlets.
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.