This week, Tammy from Creative K Kids and Tammy from My Life Abundant have gone together to do a Spring/Easter Blog Hop! Last week we featured some favorite Easter crafts, DIY, and printables; this week we will feature our favorite Easter or Spring recipes!
I wanted to share this cute Cupcake Bunny Cake I found on the Betty Crocker website. This is my way of decorating cakes!
- You take a box of cake mix and make it according to its instructions. It should make 24 cupcakes. Then arrange the cupcakes on a big board or in a big pan (I had a double sheet cake size pan). I also had to put some masking tape on the bottom of some of the cupcakes (especially the ones on the edges) so that they would not slide around. I used 5 cupcakes for each ear, and the rest of the cupcakes for the face.
- Frost all the cupcakes with frosting, and then decorate.
There are so many options for decorating your bunny cake:
- Betty Crocker used mostly marshmallows which is probably cuter, but when I went to make my cake I only had a partial bag of marshmallows! I had to have the cake ready for that night, so I used coconut and M & M’s for the ears and marshmallows for the body. This worked well, because some of the adults favored the coconut, and the kids all wanted the marshmallows.
- Betty Crocker used peppermint patties for the eyes which would be flatter, and I used miniature Reeses Peanut Butter cups. Another person said they used Oreos.
- You could also color the coconut pink for the middle of the ears.
- I used frosting for the whiskers, but string licorice cold also be used.
Please go visit the other hosts of this blog hop!
You can see Tammy from My Abundant Life’s recipe for Carrot Cake Muffins HERE.
You can follow us on Pinterest HERE and link up your own Easter or spring posts below on the linky! We will leave this linky open until Easter! We’ll try to pin your posts to our board!