How many of you are exhausted by the time Christmas gets here?
I know I am already exhausted. I’m going hour by hour instead of day by day. In fact, I get so busy getting done the shopping, the baking, the wrapping of presents, the packing for Christmas with family, the caroling, the cantata, and more . . . that often there is no time to get into God’s Word.
And after all that hustle and bustle, I ponder the question, “Did Christ just get left out at Christmastime?
Yes, we will share Christ’s love with our services and special times at church. Yes, we will take treats and carol to our shut-ins and those who may not know Him at all, but . . . did I take time myself to commune with Him?
I know I have not done what I need to be doing for my own spiritual welfare.
There are many things I have tried that I have not stayed consistent with. I have printed out pages of Scripture so I could highlight and write notes off to the side of the paper. That worked well . . . when I stuck with it. I have emails sent to me from the Navigators that are daily devotionals, and I do try to open them and read them. But that is not digging deep and making it personal. I often have forgotten those within a few minutes. I used to do blog posts to try to keep me accountable, but I scaled back my blogging and my goal blog buddies had fizzled out, so I dropped those posts.
However, for those of us who know that Christ desires communion with us, we will keep striving to see what works for us. Just thinking of how He wants to meet with me spurs me on to do better. To find something that works in my busy life. I know I need His daily help. I need Him!
This year, I gifted myself a different kind of Christmas present. I paid for a yearly subscription to a new devotional website by Doorposts’ Pam Forster. It is called Mama’s Refill. Since it is a brand new site that will have more devotionals added over the year, it has a 33% discount through the end of the year. I don’t know much about the devotionals except that they are written with busy moms in mind. I can also subscribe to the Bible study I am doing to send me a daily email which will be a helpful reminder. There are occasional short videos, printouts if needed, and an easy to use website. You can watch an introductory video HERE. (I am not an affiliate.)
I also bought a new Bible that will be just my devotional Bible. I was looking for a Bible that had room on the sides for me to write notes, and I found this one for an awesome price. I also bought some pens that are supposed to be safe for not bleeding through Bible pages.
I am hoping that I will stick with this program as I paid for it. We pay for everything else — and for a lot of things that aren’t important. Our walk with God should be the most important. I decided that this year I am going to invest in a program that will hopefully keep me on track. Everybody is different; maybe this is not something you struggle with. But if you are like me, what have you found that helps you to get your personal devotional time with God? How do you make sure that you keep Christ in Christmas? Maybe what you have found to help you will help someone else!
Next week, I am taking off blogging. Have a great Christmas and a Happy New Year! I will see you in January. Thank you for participating in this party!
Here are some posts I enjoyed reading from last week’s party:
- Our Favorite Traditions and Where They Come From from 3 Winks Design
- When You Feel Soul-Weary and Saddle-Worn On Your Journey To The Manger from Lisa Murray
- Frugal Christmas Gift Ideas when Santa is on a Tight Budget from Heidi Naturally
- 5 simple activities for a meaningful advent from Susan B. Arico
- Do They Know it’s Christmas Time at All? from My Big Fat Menopausal Life
- How to Survive Christmas when You Are Living Abroad from Memories of the Pacific
Here are the rules for this linky:
The thoughtful topics for your posts could be related to but not limited to the following topics:
* homemaking * homeschooling * devotional or Biblical posts * Christian in nature * family/marriage * inspirational *
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- If you wish, please follow Creative K Kids by subscribing to our newsletter or following us on social media.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.