57. I am thankful I can stay home.
58. I am thankful that I can babysit just one child to help bring in a little extra cash.
59. I am thankful that I have a computer for blogging.
Thoughts of the week:
- Blogging still boggles my mind. I’ve been mulling over whether I should keep 2 blogs or try to combine them somehow. I won’t bore you with all the technical stuff, but I have been thinking about it!
- I joined a tribe (a tribe is other bloggers who all work together to help each other out). There are 3 other ladies, and I think they are going to help push me.
Thoughts from church:
- Our church has started a Financial Peace University class that is a video class with Dave Ramsey. I can tell that I am going to love it. My husband and I are savers and do well with the money that God has given us; but this will help us focus on what we need to do. I also met some new people in the class which was fun.
- On Sunday morning, the pastor talked about how God’s will is not an abstract idea out somewhere in the world. God’s will many times is very concrete, and we can turn to God’s Word to find it. He encouraged us to pray God’s Word when we pray as we know His Word is His will. My prayer life has always been a weakness, and the pastor’s comments encouraged me to start praying God’s Word for our children.
We are entering the tween years, and attitudes are not always great. So I thought I would find some verses I could pray for my kids (and me) thoughout the day. I wanted to make them pretty so that I could put them by my sink and other places in the kitchen as that is where I am all day. As I see them, I will be reminded to pray these prayers.
Here are the first two verses I chose (there are so many great ones, it was hard to pick):
- John 15:4-5 — I want to pray for myself to abide in God and for my children to learn to abide in God and to realize that they can do nothing good without His help.
- Colossians 3:17 — I want to pray for them to be content and thankful for what God has given them. This verse will be a good reminder for me to do my work for God, for His glory.
You can print out the verses too. They are 4′”x 6″ and could even be used as postcards if you have cardstock.
Thoughts on Abraham from the Hall of Faith:
I blogged about Hebrews 11:8 HERE in-depth a long time ago. Here is what the verse says:
8By faith Abraham, when he was called to go out into a place which he should after receive for an inheritance, obeyed; and he went out, not knowing whither he went.
I am always amazed how he just obeyed and went yet he didn’t know where he was going. For many of us ladies, our home is our security. Yet if God calls us to go somewhere else, He will enable us do it and He goes with us wherever we go. We just need to obey!
Thought from last week’s linky:
- 5 Ways to Make Time for God by Equipping Godly Women grabbed my attention as I have been struggling with setting aside time for Him. I am going to put verses around my house, but I need to spend time with Him before my day gets away from me.
- Following God’s Lead by Tidbits of Experience struck a chord as it was a great reminder to trust in God concerning my blogging and put Him first.
Here are the rules for this linky:
*homemaking*homeschooling*devotional or Biblical posts*Christian in nature*family/marriage*inspirational*
- Do NOT link up recipes, reviews, giveaways, diy, or crafts.
- Link up to three posts that have not been linked up to this linky previously!
- We would love it if you visited a couple other posts and left a comment or shared/pinned the post!
- If you include your e-mail in the linky form below you will be added to a weekly reminder e-mail when the link party goes live. Your e-mail will not to added to any other lists or given out.
- We would love if you followed your hosts on some form of social media, but this is not required. Our hope is that these posts will be encouraging, uplifting, and a source of good reading for you.
If you link up, we would love if you put this button somewhere on your blog (sidebar, post, or party page) or provide a text link so that others can also find these great posts.
You can link up HERE to get more followers on Instagram!